Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Im Going Singapore Airlines...

I usually fly PAL cuz of convenience. This time though, I was flying to Kerala and there was limited airline choices. So, I chose Singapore Airlines instead. It's been awhile since I've flown SQ and I'd almost forgotten how preferable it is!

For one, the planes are newer and better! Even in economy, the seats seem larger than usual! There are more options for reclining and is by far more comfortable than other airplanes Ive rode.

The comfy SQ economy

Second, each economy seat has its own TV! Unlike the PAL TV it is not touch screen, but its a small price to pay for the 20++ movie options and over music choices! The movies are pretty new and updated! There we at least 2 movie options I really really wanted to see!

Movie time! Watched Time Traveller's Wife :)

Listening to my pesonal playlist

Third, the food iwas great! I think it's probably the best economy food Ive ever had. Plane food usually sux, but this was food I would actually order from a restaurant! They served baked fish with potatoes and veggies, a green apple salad and a simple corn pudding dessert. It was delightful! They even gave you a menu to choose from! Thay usually only happens in business class!

The SQ Menu

My food before it was wiped out!

Last but not least, the service is the best Ive ever had! Ive been to one too many airplanes where they pretend not to hear the call button or see you only to find them chit-chatting with their colleagues and eating the leftover desserts! (*ARGH... airline pet peeve!) The sterwards and stewardesses are alert and always in the move. If you ask for a drink or a blanket or anything at all, they get to it right away! They always respond when called. Although they'renot very friendly, they serve you right.

So... if not for the miles I am trying to accumulate, I'd choose to fly Singapore Airlines.

Despite the comforts... Flying always tires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment