Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chicken Heart for the soul...

When I got back to Tokyo, the handy 7-11 store across the corner of my apartment was GONE! You see as a Gaijin, 7-11 can come in really handy.

TOP 3 reasons why I need 7-11:
3 - Prepaid cards for my Softbank phone. Then again you can get this in any convenient store.
2 - Precooked food for the lazy chef. Again, its not hard to find elsewhere.
1 - This is my top 1 reason. Most ATMs dont accept cards from foreign banks. But all 7-11 ATMs do!!!

Not all was lost though. Not far down I found another 7-11.

Anyway... Im babbling...

My point, that 7-11 store was replaced by a Tori (chicken) restaurant. Ive been wanting to try it out but never got the chance to (as is always the case with restos close by your home). This trip, my colleagues and I finally passed by. Tried CHICKEN HEART yakitori for the first time! Texture was tough but meat was juicy. I'd say its a cross between dark meat chicken and liver. Not my fave but not bad at all. :)

*Picture of Chicken Heart Yakitori
** With phone cams, you rarely get a good shot, but you more often than not get the shot.

My Overall Rating of the Resto
: 3 out of 5
Taste: 4/5 (a little on the salty side, but I like salty. definitely tastey though.)
Portion Size: 2/5 (really really small portions. Only dishes that were ok with quantity was the tsukune (chicken meatball, yakitori style) and rice dishes (bento style))
Environment: 4/5 (new and clean especially for a yakitori place. nothing impressive though)
Service: 4/5 (not bad but not execptional either)
Price: 1/5 (too expensive for yakitori, especially considering the portion size)

Restaurant: Gosh, I wish I knew the name... Tori Restaurant 2 blocks between the Ningyocho Station (exit beside AM/PM) and Bureau Ningyocho Nihombashi.

No comments:

Post a Comment